A few days ago I shared how I painted one of my little pumpkins off-white to fit in with the new fad this year regarding pumpkins. Imagine my surprise when I saw naturally off-white pumpkins at a Kroger store in Louisville. I must live under a rock because I didn't know there were actual, real pumpkins that were that color. They call them "white pumpkins" and they are very pretty. I think people who buy them are just taking the easy route, though. You haven't lived until you've tried to paint a pumpkin and make it look like it's naturally that color.
Since I'm off work today, I'm making my "famous" Chicken Spaghetti casserole for the new parents, J & B. I guess to be accurate, it's Pioneer Woman's famous casserole, but since I'm making it, I'm taking credit for it.
The girl child and her squeeze brought us back some apple butter from the Apple Barn in Gatlinburg. Have you all tasted this? It's like heaven in a jar. I tried some apple butter when I went to see Bean from the orchard we visited and it just can't hold a candle to Apple Barn's. I think Apple Barn should go national like Cracker Barrel. They would give CB a run for their money for sure. There is nothing better than those warm apple fritters with a little bit--or a lot--of heaven slathered on them. Actually, the word "heaven" doesn't even do it justice--maybe "nirvana"? You must try it if you haven't yet.

2 comments:
yummy! Apple butter and bisquits sounds so good especially now that it is getting colder. I am def ready for some comfort food. Your casserole will be a big hit. They will love it and that is so sweet of you to do. Baby Brady is just so cute. I loved the feet. When the stupid blogger gets better you must post a picture of the feet!
Bean
Here's a link to the Apple Barn.
http://www.applebarncidermill.com/
Michelle says I'm the google queen so I couldn't resist looking it up.
I guess I'm going to have to order some since you made it sound better than heaven!
Julie
Post a Comment