Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thursday's Thoughts

Sometimes when Mr and I are driving in the car and after we've had a lengthy conversation about the traffic and how fast someone is driving which reminds him of a story about watching a semi have a wreck while he was driving to Atlanta several years ago (which he then proceeds to share with me), I will pop off and say something like "I think we should paint the bedroom brown." His response is always the same: "Where did that come from?"

It usually comes from some place that I can't always trace back. One thought leads to another thought to another thought and another and then I pop off and say the above which is the last thought I've had. How I got to that one, I usually can't trace back, but in my head, there is a logical connection. It's just usually not apparent to either of us and totally unrelated to what we were just talking about. Today is one of those days so here are some of my thoughts.


**Does 200 calories of cookie dough make you fatter than 200 calories of carrots? A calorie is a calorie so why should it make you fatter?



**I want her life.



This is literally what she does ALL day, EVERY day. Every time I walk into the living room, this is where I find her. How can she do this ALL day. I mean, I know she has nowhere to be, no dinner to cook, no laundry to do, no house to clean, but please. ALL day?

**Why are the gas prices so low right now and why isn't anyone talking about it? I got so sick of everyone complaining about how high gas got. It was like when it's 100 degrees and people say "Hot enough for ya?" No, I'd really prefer it to be 150 degrees and I'd also like to pay $4.50 a gallon. No one is mentioning how low gas is now. Yesterday I saw it here for $2.87. Yes, we've been brainwashed to think 2.87 is cheap, but still, it is right now.

**How can people watch the same debate and get something completely different from it? We watched the Presidential debate last night and even though I don't want to get political on this blog, how can we all hear the same thing, yet people take away from it drastically different ideas? Another case of people only hear what they want to hear.

**Bud Light Lime is so good. Is it bad that I've drunk at least one every night this week? By the way, is it "drank" or "drunk"? As an English major, I should know this.

**I want a DSLR camera--at least I think those are the initials for it. I have no idea what it does exactly except that Pioneer Woman has one, everyone talks about them and it seems I must have one. The fact that they run about $800 or more will keep me from this so I guess my little pocket point and shoot will have to do until I win the lottery.

**I love MySpace. I love adding things to my page--pictures, videos, funny things. Am I too old to be this preoccupied with my MySpace page? Probably, but who cares? It makes me happy so step off haters (yeah, probably too old to use that phrase too).

**I've got 2 episodes of "Desperate Housewives" DVR'd that I have to catch up on. Maybe I'll do that today. I don't like this flash forward concept they're doing on there. I wonder if I would like it if someone fast forwarded my life 5 years from now? I can tell you, that 5 years ago, if my life had been fast forwarded to now, I would've never believed it. My how things change...thank God!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daisy is probably thinking of her thoughts today, you know, just jumping from one thought to the next like a chase in the yard with a varment, or licking on her mom.
Bean

Anonymous said...

About random thoughts -- whenever my husband and I are riding in the car and carrying on a conversation, and something totally random and unrelated comes to mind, I am forced to hold it in because if I say it, then he's totally convinced I haven't been paying a bit of attention to anything he's been saying and he gets pissy. I, too, wish I was Daisy. It's not just that she looks so lazy, but that she looks so incredibly comfortable -- and happy. I must say the other day I was VERY excited that I paid $2.82 for gas and called my husband to brag about it. I've not tried the Bud Lite Lime yet but since you're the 2nd good friend who has recommended it, I think I must try it this weekend -- because no way would any of my good friends mislead me when it comes to drinking beer -- then again, we drank Old Milwaukee's Best in college and didn't complain about that, either. .