Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Babies, Pumpkins and Bugs

The title of this post kinda tells you that I'm all over the place today. First off, I told you we have 2 new little boys in our family. Today I went to Toys R Us after work for a bingo game for my Grandma's birthday party--that will be another post. While I was there, they had these great sales on spring baby clothes. I mean GREAT deals, in that each item was about $3.40! That's crazy cheap. Take a look at what I got for J's new little boy.






And the best of all--




Isn't that little jack-o-lantern cap the cutest thing you've ever seen? His grandma GG already got him a onsie that says "My 1st Halloween", so maybe I can return it and get more stuff!


My friend M has a beautiful little girl and of course, I couldn't forget about her. These are for new spring/summer.





Aren't they just adorable? I love the pink one, namely because it's pink, but it also has that adorable little hat that goes with it. Too cute.



Onto the pumpkin portion of this post. Have you all seen the new craze in fall decor--these off-white pumpkins? Well, being the wanna-be crafty person that I am, I figured, hey, I've got some off-white craft paint; I've got some baby pumpkins; I've got a paint brush; I can make my own. So yesterday that's what I set off to do. To be perfectly honest, my first thought was to be different and show my creativity and paint them purple, since that is the main color in the living room. Those results sucked major league so I'm not posting a pic of that...right now because you know there's nothing funnier than a screw-up, but you know I probably will eventually. Here is the off-white one:





Looks pretty good, huh? Well, look a little closer.


Yeah. Martha Stewart has nothing to fear from me. I have 4 little pumpkins on the mantle. One is now mostly purple with orange showing through (actually it's still sitting on the paper here in my office next to my feet), then we have this little gem, and the 2 orange ones. Looks like I now have 2 pumpkins. I guess this will be okay as long as no one gets up close, but that means I have to paint 2 more and I just ain't feelin' it. Good thing this little doogies are cheap.




We've noticed an overabundance of may flies this year. I mean, they are everywhere. Every time Mr and I come inside, we inadvertently let at least 2 or 3 of them in our house. In case you don't know what I'm talking about, here is one of them on the wall of my office.







For the longest time, I thought these things were mosquitos. Thank goodness they don't bite, but they have a lovely habit of sitting on the table which is always nice to see when you sit down to dinner. I don't know what's causing so many of them or maybe it's just this area. Are there a lot where you live?






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Babies, Pumpkins and Bugs! Well Martha,you are quite the artist. The pumpkins are very cute. I have seen the white ones done with black striped and they are georgous. At least you did something with them. All I have done is talk about it. Oh well, you are the creative one. Those lil' outfits are adorable! Does the other baby boy have a Halloween outfit? I can see lil' E in those dresses! They are too cute! Bugs.........yes I have seen them and thought they were mosquitos as well. Do you have bug spray to spray outside? Maybe that would work around your door.Bean

Anonymous said...

Baby clothes always pull at my heart strings and make me want one -- and then my 2 teenage daughters come in from school and I remember what they grow up to become. The pumpkins are very cute -- if I had one creative bone in my body, I might try it but since I don't, I guess mine will stay orange. And about the bugs, our state bird is the mosquito -- may flies I can handle because, thankfully, they don't bite.