Friday, October 24, 2008

The weekend's finally here!

This has been a long week for me. It was my first real week of work in my new position at work. Granted, it's still PT, but any time you have to get up early, I say that's a real week of work!

This job is very physical. From the time I get there until the time I leave--usually 5 hours--I'm lifting boxes, unloading boxes, getting up and down a ladder, basically, just moving. That in itself is a big change for me since I've been sitting on my ass on the computer for most of the day for the past year. I'm glad to be doing it, though; not only for the slight raise I got, but also because I'm finally getting some exercise. This is the way I like to get exercise, too--doing something where I don't know I'm exercising. I call it "sneaking it in". Aerobics classes just ain't gonna do it for this girl!

I got a lovely surprise on my doorstep today. Here it is:

It's a stamp. Isn't it adorable and so appropriate for my blog? Thanks, Julie. What a sweet gift.

Mr and my 6 month anniversary is Sunday. Originally we (I) had planned for us to go out of town today and for the weekend, but now we don't know what we're going to do. We may just go somewhere for the day tomorrow or overnight tomorrow. We had no specific destination in mind which, for a planning person like me, is unusual, but I'm actually kind of excited about it. It seems the best adventures happen when you have no plans or expectations. I'll let you know how it turns out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got my goodies from your Fall giveaway and I love them. I'm very excited! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and have a great weekend. Hope you do something fun and exciting.