It's finally raining here today. I can't remember the last time we got rain so we need it badly. It also makes for a wonderful day to sleep in.
Last night Mr and I had to drive to Springfield, OH for him to drop off a truck. I had to follow with his car so he'd have a way home. It was a long ride there and back and not the ideal way to spend an evening, but, hey, it had to be done.
Before we left, I made BLT's and fried green tomatoes. My dad had given us some tomatoes and I'd been dying to make the fried green tomatoes. They turned out pretty good, especially for a first attempt. Needless to say, they were not healthy at all since I fried them in bacon grease. My aunt says that's the key to good fgt--bacon grease, not regular grease. Problem is, you have to fry bacon to get the bacon grease. That adds up to a very unhealthy, but delicious, meal that you can't afford healthwise to have very often!
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment