So, what have I been doing these past days since I've only been posting fun stuff?
I can't remember the last time I wrote a "real" post so I will start with Thursday. I finally made the Pioneer Woman's Best Lasagna Ever". I must say, since this was my first attempt at homemade lasagna, I had my doubts that it would be better than the Stouffer's kind that we like to eat at the lake, but it surpassed my expectations. Very good. So much so, I ate it for lunch the day after and then Mr and I had it again on Friday night for dinner. There was a lot. Here's a picture for you of the finished product.

Can I also say, you must run out right now and buy some of these Anolon baking pans. They are the most awesome ever! Lasagna can be a sticky mess to clean up and this pan practically wiped clean. We got several for our wedding presents and I can't rave enough about them.
On Friday, I decided it was time to go to the dr. See, I've been having chest pains all week. They lasted almost all day and came and went. Since it was 3 o'clock on a Friday afternoon and I was headed to Lima, OH the next day to meet my aunts (more on that later), I thought if it was something serious, I probably needed to get it checked out before the weekend. Long story short, the dr. didn't know what was wrong with me, but sent me to the hospital for a chest x-ray and multiple blood tests. I still don't know the results. He told me not to go to Lima since I would be driving by myself, but I went anyway. Good news is I made it up and back alive; bad news is I'm still having the pains. I'll let you know the results when I do--hopefully today.
On Saturday, boy child was scheduled to arrive from his training session in Texas. Unfortunately, I had this trip planned to Lima for quite a while and couldn't cancel. 2 of my aunts are planning a birthday party for my grandma in November and I offered my assistance since I have a love for planning events. (see practically every post in this blog for proof of that love). Boy child arrived safely, albeit about 1/2 hr late, according to Mr. I proceeded to Lima to spend the day/evening/morning with my aunts and their 2 granddaughters--age 14 and 15. We had a blast! I don't get to see any of them very often so it was so nice to spend time with them and get to know them better. The 14 and 15 year olds were such a delight--quiet, fun, smart girls, not at all like some teenagers I've been around. We had a great day and got a lot planned for g-ma's birthday.
I returned yesterday and headed to Georgetown with Mr, boy child and male child to visit with Mr's family. His sister-in-law was in from California and was having a reunion of sorts at the Fazoli's in Georgetown. Why Fazoli's you ask? Well, her son had a hankering for it and that's where we ended up. We joked with boy child about his travelling here all the way from Italy and then we take him to Fazoli's. However, it wasn't about the food; it was about spending time with people we don't see very often. It was a really fun visit. Here's a picture of the motley crew!

I guess the main part of the last several days' activities has been family. It's interesting to spend time with family, especially if it's family I don't see or know very well. I can see where I get traits that I always wondered about; I see traits that I love that give me hope that since I am related, maybe they are in me and just haven't manifested themselves yet; I find out more about Mr's background and who he is/was/will be. Being around family can be almost like a scientific study of genetics. Very interesting.

1 comment:
Nice family picture. The lasagna looks so yummy! You are def carb'd up. You go from homemade lasagna to fazolis and OMG boy child coming from Italy! What a hoot and you are so right, who cares where you are when it is family. You should be gald to just be together. By the way, I LOVE FAZOLIS! Remember when you and I would go there and eat about 20 bread sticks.....each!? I also love the pics you posted from Fri.! Sexy, hot!
Bean
Post a Comment