Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Rainy Tuesday

It's raining and crappy here today. Some small storms passed through and all in all, it's just a dreary old day--the kind of day where you'd like to lay on the couch all day, burning candles and watching old movies. I don't mean OLD movies; I mean movies like "Sixteen Candles", "St. Elmo's Fire", "The Breakfast Club", "When Harry Met Sally", "The Big Chill", "Urban Cowboy", just to name a few. I guess to some, these are OLD movies, but to me, they are just old movies that transport me back a few years and I love to watch them over and over and over.

Miss Daisy doesn't like storms. Today every time I walk toward the kitchen, she heads to the basement steps because that's where we go when the storms get bad. You know, my storm routine I've told you about. She's a smart cookie, that one. Since we're not headed to the basement anytime soon, she's decided to take up residence under my desk by my feet. I guess she feels safer there since it's closed in and it's close to me. And I thought I was scared of storms!

This week is a big week in our family because my aunt is turning 60 on Thursday. In addition, my mom and my other aunt have orchestrated a surprise birthday party for her on Saturday. Don't fret, she doesn't read this blog or even know it exists so I'm safe divulging this info on here. I'm going with her daughter tomorrow to get decorations. She has said for months, that she doesn't want anything done for her birthday since this is a big one, but my mom and aunt have decided that initially she'll be pissed, but she'll get over it and enjoy the night. I hope they're right since they've put so much work into the party. I'll let you know how it goes.

Other big family news that I've neglected to tell you earlier is that boy child is coming home for a week. He'll be in Texas next week training for a new job and then he'll fly home next Saturday for a week at home. It'll be great to see him so soon since we all thought we'd have to fly to Italy to get to see him sometime in the next 3 years. It will be a fun week of visiting with him.

No comments: