Monday, March 2, 2009

Weekend in review

Sorry it's been a few days since I last posted. We were actually kinda busy this weekend. Every time I sat down to write, though, I just wasn't inspired to say anything so that's the main reason there were no posts over the weekend.


Friday night I went to one of my aunts for girls' night. There were about 8 of us and we had a lot of fun. We ate dinner, talked and acted silly. It's always good to do that from time to time. Baby P was also there. Well, she's not exactly a baby--15 months old--but she is one of my favorite little people. I could sit and play with her all night, which I almost did!


Saturday night we went over to another aunt's and had an awesome dinner for my mom and my uncle's birthdays. My uncle's birthday is Valentine's day and my mom's birthday is this Wednesday. I made an awesome cake that took every bit of self-control I had not to consume the whole thing. It was just a box yellow cake, but I used the Pioneer Woman's icing recipe for her cinnamon rolls. I think I shared with you all how supremely awesome this icing is. Literally, I could eat it with a spoon out of the bowl without anything accompanying it! Surprisingly, it worked really well as an icing on a cake. It is a do-over for sure. Here's a couple of pictures from the night. Here's my aunt working hard to whip up the amazing dinner.



My mom and my uncle blowing our their birthday candles.


Mr posing with my cousin's rotten dog, Tyson. Of course, have you ever met a dog that wasn't rotten?


Proof of heretoforementioned rottenness!



My cousin M with his boy. (Picture needs cropped so overlook that)


Yesterday, after a few weeks of living with a file cabinet in the living room and an additional desk sitting on its end in the middle of the office, Mr painted the office and we moved the furniture into place. Painting sucks. Granted, I didn't paint. Mr is very particular about painting and he won't let me do it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not fighting to join in. I hate it and I'm a very messy painter, mainly because I get very impatient. The first wall usually looks good, but any walls after that--and bordering baseboards--look kinda like hell. Anyway, there was a lot of moving of crap, re-shuffling of furniture, taping of baseboards. Just a general sucking. Mr's trait of being very precise is a good thing, but it's also an annoying thing. I think my not helping with the painting probably saves us from countless arguments so it's all good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Shouldn't we all have the life of a loved doggy. I want to see the office colors!
Bean