Friday, March 27, 2009

Daisy has a friend

In case I haven't told you before, Daisy is socially backward. Because of overprotectiveness on the part of her mother, a.k.a. me, she wasn't exposed to other dogs when she was young so she doesn't know how to behave now when she is around them. She has no problem playing with humans, but has no idea how to react to another dog. Usually she will jump up in the nearest human lap to get away from the dog.

However, recently she has taken a huge liking to our neighbor dog, Riley. Last year Daisy would run to the fence to play with Riley, but Riley was a bigger scaredy cat than Daisy was and would run away. Apparently this year Riley has changed her mind. I was hoping to get the big play session they had the other day on tape (because it was absolutely adorable with Daisy running huge circles in the yard and back to the fence to greet Riley, along with lots of playful barking), but the carpet cleaner was here and I couldn't get to the camera to record it. Here is another interaction between the two.

I feel like a mother who watches her child make a new friend on the first day of kindergarten!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! that is a hoot. Is that dog on steriods?
Bean

Sally said...

I know Daisy has a hard time making friends so this is a real break through!