Monday, March 16, 2009

Weekend in review

For me, I had a busy weekend this past weekend. Actually, it was really only a busy Saturday. I met up for the first time with a photography group I recently joined for a photo shoot. The organizers had arranged 2 beautiful models for us and originally we were going to shoot outside, but because it wasn't quite warm enough to be outside as long as we were going to be, we moved the shoot inside to a local hotel. It was such a great afternoon of shooting, meeting people and learning more about photography. I have a looooong way to go, but getting as much practice as possible is what will get me to my ultimate destination--becoming a better photographer. Here are a few photos from that shoot.





I don't love any of the photos I got. You cannot believe the pressure and to beat all, I was the second one to shoot! We all drew numbers--1 through about 35--and I got number 2. Talk about terrified. Everyone was standing around while I posed them and shot. Nerve-racking, baby. Anyway, I had a fantastic time and learned a lot.

Saturday night Mr and I went out to dinner with my cousins. We never all get together other than for a holiday and I really enjoy hanging out with them. We went to Buca di Beppo whose tagline is "Meatballs bigger than your head." That explains my teaser picture of the spaghetti. Here's a picture of me and Mr.



The lighting was terrible in the restaurant. It was quite a challenge for me to figure out how to take pictures without everyone looking orange. I had to tweak the pictures afterward and turn down the saturation like I had to do with baby P where she was jaundice. Again, a long way to go for this photographer wannabe. For some reason, I had a fascination with the food this particular night. Can you believe this is a small portion? In case you haven't been to a Buca before, they serve everything family style so this is meant to be shared with 2-3 people. Mr and I brought home a ton of food and ate pasta leftovers all day yesterday and still have some left!
That's enough pictures for today. Hope all of you had a great weekend too.

No comments: