Applesauce Pork Chops
4-5 boneless pork chops
1 T oil
2-3 apples, peeled, cored and chopped (I didn't use these)
1 1/2 cups applesauce
1 cup water
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 T worcestershire
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 tsp cornstarch
2 T water
Heat the oil and brown the pork chops on both sides. Drain excess oil then add the apples, applesauce, water, onion, worcestershire, garlic, and pepper. Stir, bring to a simmer, cover and simmer 30 minutes. Take the pork chops out onto a platter. Stir together the cornstarch and water and add that to the apple mixture. Stir and simmer a few minutes then put the pork chops back in and heat through.
This was very good and very healthy. I used natural applesauce and since you drain the oil, there's virtually no grease. Of course, I use olive oil for all cooking anyway. It's a nice way to jazz up ordinary pork chops. I love pork, by the way. I think I could eat it every night. Mr likes it too, which is a good thing since I've been buying pork chops in bulk!
This next recipe is unbelievably easy since you do it in the crockpot.
Zesty New Potatoes
3 pounds (small) new potatoes, unpeeled (I only used a 1 lb. bag or else we'd have been eating these for weeks)
1 T olive oil
1 envelope zesty Italian dressing mix
**Potatoes should be the size of golf balls. If not, cut in half or quarter.**
Pour the oil in a plastic bag and add the potatoes. Shake well to coat. Add the salad dressing mix and shake well until all the potatoes are coated. Place potatoes in crock. Cook and cover. Low: 7 to 8 hours OR High: 4 hours
I would add, I think next time I will spray the crock with nonstick spray. Even though none of the potatoes stuck, I think they might have if I hadn't been here to stir them. It's unbelievable that they cook with no water, but they are super soft and yummy. Again, very nutritious because new potatoes are better for you than white potatoes.
Try one or both tonight for dinner. You won't be disappointed!

1 comment:
yum! that all sounds so delicious! thanks for sharing the recipes!
Post a Comment