Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Small things that make me happy

Today I painted my nails. It was the first time in a long time--probably since the wedding last April. I realized that I love it when my nails are painted, especially if it's been a long time since I've done it. It got me thinking about other small things that make me happy:

1. Receiving a comment on Facebook, MySpace or blog
2. Having a long phone call or visit with a good friend
3. Hearing from someone I haven't heard from in a while
4. Fresh flowers, either bought by myself or even better, given to me as a gift from someone else
5. A card in the mail for no reason that makes me smile
6. Sending a card in the mail for no reason that hopefully makes the recipient smile
7. Watching the snow fall and realizing I don't have to go anywhere
8. Cooking a good meal that Mr really enjoys
9. Finding a parking space up close when it's crappy weather
10. Buying something at a store and when it's rung up, it's even cheaper than the tag says
11. Curling up with a book and reading all day
12. Playing with and snuggling on the couch with my dog
13. Taking a picture that I think is really good
14. Laughing until I cry, can hardly get my breath and snorting
15. Actually getting to mark things off my to-do list
16. Looking at old pictures
17. Sweats
18. Clean sheets
19. Going to sleep each night with Mr next to me
20. My robe

1 comment:

... said...

Just to satisfy your #1 - here's your comment!
Ok, now I have to go back and read the rest...

Ali http://thesixkents.wordpress.com/