Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the 13th

Yes, it is Friday the 13th. I have to say, I haven't been superstitious of them. In the past, I've tended to be pretty lucky on Friday the 13ths. I've been gambling on them before and done pretty well. It seems there have been other occasions where they have been pretty lucky for me, too. We'll see how today turns out.

Mr returned from a work trip late last night. In celebration of his return and also Valentine's day, I tried my first attempt at homemade cherry cobbler, his favorite. Since he didn't get home until super late last night, he didn't get to try any of it so I have no idea if it's good or will end up in the garbage. I have to say that it's not entirely homemade. I used the canned cherry pie filling, but the rest is homemade. I would take a picture of it, but this morning some of the inordinate amount of butter I had to add coagulated on the top of the cobbler making it look less than appealing. I picked some of it off mainly because I want Mr to enjoy it; I don't want it to kill him. I figure we've been eating healthy for a while so a little "bad" treat won't hurt him. Plus, I know he loves it. I really hope it turns out well. The added bonus for me is I don't like it so I'm not tempted to eat any of it, thereby keeping my weight loss train on track.

In my photography class last night, I finally learned how I could've corrected this:

There is a setting on my camera that counteracts the yellow that fluorescent lighting gives off. I knew there had to be some way around it, but sometimes when I'm in the middle of shooting, I get nervous and can't find anything on my camera, even if I know where it is. This time I didn't know where it is, but I do now so hopefully I'll be able to fix it the next time I'm in this situation. In the meantime, I bumped down the saturation, which washes the colors out some, but at least she doesn't look like she has jaundice.


No comments: