Monday, February 9, 2009

Eagle Weekend Recap

Mr and I had an awesome weekend watching the eagles. All in all, the official total was 23 mature eagles, 17 immature and 1 golden eagle. Our viewing count was higher, though, because on the boat cruise out, there was a naturalist helping spot the eagles and on the way back, they didn't do that but we were still spotting them. In addition, we drove down by Lake Barkley dam and saw an eagle's nest and one flying. We figure in total, we probably saw 45 to 50 of them. It was so awesome to see them flying and in their natural state. Mr got to see one dive down and get a fish. Unfortunately I missed that one. I took over 270 photos of the whole weekend so obviously I can't share all of them, but here are some. I finally figured out how to crop the pictures so they would zoom up on the eagle.







This is an immature eagle. We learned that they don't get the white head and tail until they're 4 to 5 years old.
The eager eagle enthusiast keeping his eyes peeled for eagles!

This is the bald eagle and the golden eagle flying. The golden eagle kept trying to attack the bald eagle. It was so cool to see them together.


The golden eagle flying.
The boat that we took the tour on.

No comments: