Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Eve

I hate New Year's eve. I always have. I guess I always will. There's so much pressure to have the best time of the whole year on that night. "What have you got planned?" everyone asks. I ask it too because I want to see if someone is going to have a better time than me. I have to say, though, as I get older, the pressure to do "something fun" on New Year's is decreasing. I don't care what we do--staying at home and watching movies and of course, Dick Clark/Ryan Seacrest is fine with me. I don't think I'd care if I even went to bed before midnight this year. It's just not important to me.


This year it looks like we're going out to dinner with the kids and then probably back home to play Wii. That suits me perfectly. On the other hand, the boy child is headed to Florence, Italy to celebrate the new year. How's that for plans?! Of course, he is 24 so new year's is still a big deal to him. Can you imagine spending new year's in Florence, Italy? Now I think I could be up for those kinds of plans!

One thing I wanted to share with you today was pictures from my photo shoot with baby B yesterday. I was SO excited since it was officially my first "photo shoot". I took about 220 pictures. It's amazing how many pictures you can take in a short amount of time. Surprisingly, there were a lot of good shots. It's kinda hard for me to narrow down my favorites, but here's a few.

















There's actually several more that I love, but this post is already getting too long. I'll save those for another day.

2 comments:

Stacie said...

I've been following you blog for a little while (from the Nest). I had to tell you that I also hate New Year's Eve. I posted about it on my blog last year, but it has to do with an old boyfriend giving me a HIGH FIVE instead of a kiss at midnight!
~Stacie

Anonymous said...

You are quite the photographer. I guess it helps, too, to have such an adorable subject to photograph. Great pics!