Monday, December 1, 2008

Holiday Wrap Up

Mr and I had a very relaxing holiday weekend. Thursday we went to my aunt's house for Thanksgiving. I was still feeling very puny, so I had to steer clear of the new babies, which wasn't fun for me since I hadn't gotten to see E and D's little one in person yet and I hadn't seen B and J's little one for a while. It's amazing how quickly they grow. It was a fun time even though I felt crappy.

Friday I had to work "Black Friday". We were busy, but not super busy. I don't know how we ended up doing for the entire day, but it sounds like retail places in general did better than expected. Hopefully we did well so I won't have any of my hours cut this week. I continued to feel bad, but made it through my shift.

Saturday Mr and I made Thanksgiving dinner for the kids. While Mr was out on Friday, he swung by Sam's Club to pick up an early Christmas present for us (himself) A Wii system. We played it all day on Saturday between cooking, putting up Christmas decorations and drinking wine. I am not a wine drinker. I've never liked the stuff. I like the idea of wine--the cool glasses and accompanying adornments that come with wine drinking--but I've never been able to get past a few sips. Apparently I overcame my problem on Saturday as Mr and I proceeded to drink a bottle and a half of wine. I'm talking those big bottles, not a "normal" bottle. Needless to say, it hit me pretty hard so I was down early that night! Also, because we played Wii practially all day, I was extremely sore yesterday. I think I may be the first person to have sustained a sports injury from Wii. Talk about being severely out of shape!

Yesterday we laid around most of the day. I was a little hungover from my wine tasting and I was so glad that we put the tree up on Saturday because I wouldn't have had it in me to put it up yesterday!

So today we start a new week and the holiday "madness" is beginning. We have 3 parties to go to this week starting on Thursday. I'm looking forward to them, but for people who are normally in bed by 9, this week will be a challenge!

By the way, I chickened out on making the pie crusts from scratch for my pecan pies. I used the Kroger pie crusts. The pies turned out well, except, apparently I didn't cook them long enough so they were runnier than they should've been, but the flavor was very good. For whatever reason, I didn't take any pictures all weekend except these few of mine and Mr's pie making extravaganza. Mr makes wonderful pumpkin pies and he was definitely cranking them out this weekend. I think he ended up making almost 10 pies!




No comments: