Thursday, September 4, 2008

Ready for fall

As you can tell by the changes on my page, I'm ready for fall. Fall is my favorite time of year--I may have already told you that. It's a shame that winter has to follow it because it has some of the best weather going, if you ask me. We did a floorset at work Tuesday night and put out all of our fall scents. They are awesome and really got me in the mood. I wanted to go home and pull out all of my fleece and sweaters. It's a shame it was about 95 degrees outside.

I can't remember if I told you that we were going to do a TTD session--that's Trash the Dress session for those non-knotties. Well, we've been busy with one thing and then another so I was going to email our photog to set it up in the next 2 weeks. Just to be sure, I had Mr get me into my dress the other night. It didn't fit. To be precise, it did fit, but not like it did on our wedding day. My girls were overflowing in the front and back fat was overflowing in the back. Plus, getting a breath was damn near impossible. I couldn't believe that in just 4 months I'd gained that much weight, but apparently I have. I knew I hadn't lost any weight recently, but I thought I was maintaining. To say I was depressed is an understatement. Looking at the recipes that I've shared with you all on this site, it's no wonder. I guess it's time to get serious about doing something about this. Yesterday I really watched what I ate so I guess it's started.


Losing weight sucks. I hate doing it. It's hard. I hate to exercise and apparently once you hit 40, that's about the only way you're going to drop weight unless you only eat peas at every meal. I can't stand working out. Doing a regimented "class" or even video fills me with dread. I'm looking for something that I enjoy doing where I don't realize I'm getting exercise, you know, like a sport or something. It's been years since I've played tennis, but that is something I love to do. Walking is only good for so long, although it's not too bad. At this point, walking is where I will begin. At least it will get me off my ass.


Enough with that depressing stuff. I've joined a blog where each week we get a writing assignment based off of a picture they email me. Last week was the first week I did it. The piece can only be 110 words or less. You want to talk about a challenge. I had no idea how wordy I can become. It really is an exercise in keeping your writing lean. Since I haven't done any creative writing in years, it is even more of a challenge for me. This week's picture sucks. Take a look:

All of the pictures are bizarre like this, but this one is difficult. I have started writing it, but it's just not too inspired. Here was last week's:



Isn't that a hoot? I don't know who mans the blog, but each week they choose a "winner". Obviously, I wasn't the "winner" this week, but now I have a new goal. It's really neat to see different people's perspective and what each person takes from a photo. Email me if you want the link to join the experiement with me.

No comments: