Thursday, September 18, 2008

My purse needs a diet

I read the other day that your purse shouldn't weight more than 3 lbs. for health reasons so I decided to weigh my purse to see how much I'm actually hauling around every day--4 lbs. Not so bad, but that weight definitely fluctuates immensely. For instance, if we're going out somewhere, Mr has me tote all of his stuff in my purse. We're talking 2 phones, wallet, cigs. Knowing how much my purse weighs with just my stuff now, I think he is trying to sabotage my health or my back.


Apparently I've had an inkling that I've been hauling around too much weight in my purse because I've been on the hunt for a small wristlet to use when I'm shopping. It's so much easier than schlepping around my big bag. I had a gift card to a local store so this week I bought this little cutie:







I figure it's an appropriate sentiment since if I'm carrying it, I'm probably about to do something I shouldn't--shop, drink, or your run of the mill debauchery. It's so great to carry something so small when I'm out and about.


On another note, I got my hair chopped yesterday. Can you believe I haven't gotten my hair cut since the wedding? I've been cutting my own bangs and have just neglected to get the rest cut. Here's the new 'do'.



I got a lot chopped off. Actually, it's a little shorter than I wanted it to be, but I guess it will grow! It looks a lot shorter this morning so hopefully I'll get used to it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I lover your hair! I hope it is not shorter when you get up tomorrow! hehehe The purse is you. I have small, med and large purses. I am just too lazy I guess to change one out. My hubby gets ticked off because I keep 2 purses in my truck. That is the only way I can switch one out is to take another with me.
Bean

Anonymous said...

I am such a goofball. Once again I didn;t proof the 1st comment so here you go. I lover your hair!
Bean

Anonymous said...

I lover your hair? I don't know why I find Bean's typos so dang funny but I'm cracking up. Anywho -- I LOVE your hair. It looks so good -- and it'll grow out before you know it.