I'm headed to Beantown today--not Boston (I think that's Beantown), but rather Bean's town. I haven't been down there in a quite a while so this weekend is it. Her munchkins are playing football now and we're going to their games tomorrow. Also on the agenda is a trip to a local orchard for their fall festivities. If I haven't mentioned it before (I think I have) I love fall festivals. It's one of my favorite things to do in the fall so I'm super excited. I've never been to one with little ones, either, so that will be fun. In addition, I haven't seen the "Sex and the City" movie yet so we are drinking martinis and watching that tomorrow night after our day with the munchkins. I know cosmos are the girls' drink, but as long as you have the cute glasses to drink from, who cares what's in them?
Mr and I had a fire last night--it was planned so no worries. We had lots of debris left over from the Great Wind Storm of 2008 so last night he burned it all. Now we live in a subdivision where the houses aren't super close together, but together nonetheless. He burned the stuff in a corner of our yard where it's surrounded on 2 sides by a wooden fence. There are also 2 large trees in that corner. You get the picture? I was a nervous wreck that we were going to set the whole subdivision on fire, but oh, I have little faith. Mr is a superior fire man so there were no mini or other sized tragedies. I love a good bonfire. It's another one of my favorite things to do in the fall. Do you know BBW has a candle called Firewood? I haven't smelled it burning, but when you smell the bottle, it smells like a fire.
Since I'm going to be computer-less this weekend, I'm going to have a couple more posts today to make up for the ones I won't be making over the weekend. Pace yourselves.
Friday, September 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment