I forgot to tell you all about the recipe I tried a couple of nights ago. The good 'ole Pioneer woman came through again. I tried her chicken spaghetti casserole and it was really good. We ended up having it again last night as leftovers. I added some things she didn't add and took out some things I didn't like and it turned out really good. Tonight I'm going to try her "Marlboro Man's Favorite Sandwich" along with some potato recipe she had as well. I'll let you know how it turns out. I wanted to take a picture of the casserole when it was done, but forgot and we were too hungry to wait anyway! I also made some killer banana bread a couple of days ago, too. It's been hard for me to find a recipe that works, but I think I finally did. The first time I made banana bread it was really dry for some reason. This one is so moist you could wring it out like a sponge. Yum!
On our afternoon out yesterday, I took some wedding gifts back to BBB--things I thought we would use, but won't. I bought some more things off the registry and some things that weren't... one of which was a little doggie bed for Daisy. We don't have room for her cage in our bedroom, so she's been sleeping on a pile of blankets in the corner. I really like to use those blankets so I figured she needed a bed of her own. She slept in it last night, but I left 1 of the blankets in there, thinking that would "lure" her to sleep in the bed. Here's a picture:
Yes, it's pink and brown even though our bedroom is blue and brown. It fits her, though. After all, she is a little girl and pink and brown are good colors for little girls. As you can see, I left the tags on it in case we needed to return it. I think I will cut them off today since I think it's a keeper.
I got another set of thank you cards done yesterday. I probably have another 2 sets before we're completely finished. So those of you who haven't gotten one, please hang on a little longer!

4 comments:
The bed for her is just as cute as it can be! I wonder if they have those for 60lb dogs. The hair is driving me crazy again! Casserole sounded delish! I would love to give it a try! Please give me your version of the recipe. Bean
Hey there. I've fallen behind on my following of "the blog" and have several comments to make . . . first, I LOVE the little guy at the bottom. Second, I didn't realize in college that you were such a sap. Referring to, of course, the value of sentiment you place on a handwritten note. But that is a good thing to know about you. And finally, congratulations on the success of your yard sale. Pam
You know, I don't think I put as much value on the letters until now--looking back. No doubt I was always looking forward to getting them then, but it's just now that I realize what they really mean. I wear my "sap" badge with honor!
They definitely have beds for bigger dogs. Check out Petsmart for sure. As far as the recipe, I put yellow peppers instead of green--I don't like green. I added mushrooms because we like them. Next time I may add diced tomatoes from a can. I think that would add a nice kick.
Post a Comment