Sunday, June 1, 2008

It was a happy/sad day

Did you ever see that Carol Burnett episode where she had a half white, half black outfit on? She said it was a happy/sad day. She'd been to a wedding and to a funeral on the same day. Her entire outfit, including shoes, was half white and half black. It was funny. But feeling happy/sad isn't so funny. That's exactly how I felt all day Friday.




I was so relieved and glad to be out from under that mortgage, esp. in this day and age with the real estate market in the toilet. We are SO fortunate to have sold it in a relatively short period of time--a little over 2 months. But I was sad because of everything I wrote in Friday's entry, but also because it really hit me that day that this was the official end of Ms. M--that's me before I got married. That was the final, big thing that I had done as a single woman. I went to the house by myself to get the last few things we'd left and just walked around, took pictures, videotaped the house and cried. Yes, there were many tears for me Friday and they took me by surprise. I wasn't expecting to feel that way. Maybe it was naive of me, but I knew it would be sad to sell the house, but I didn't think it would be that sad, if you know what I mean.





Anyway, I thought I'd share some of the last photos of the house with you as well as the videos.







Here's the very purple living room--my first paint job. I was so excited to try that new painting procedure. I did love it when I first did it and for a long time after that. I would've liked to have changed it a couple of years ago, but this room is too daggone big to paint again. The new owner, a single guy, is painting over it probably as we speak. He said people would probably question his sexuality if he kept a purple living room. That's probably true.








The dining room and the kitchen










The office








The spare room





My bedroom






No comments: