Monday, June 30, 2008

Updates

I realized this weekend that several times I mention things, then I never mention them again so today I thought I would give you some updates of things I left hanging...at least the things I could remember that I left hanging. I didn't read all of the entries so if I missed something, leave me a comment and I'll give you an update.




--my weird itching episode. That stopped all on its own just about as quickly as it started. I took the round of steroids and it gradually got better and better and eventually stopped. I haven't had it again (knock on wood). Weird.




--I finished 1 of the 2 books I got from the library. Yay me! I took them back yesterday because one of them was late. I know, hard to believe. I didn't even get to read that one. It was a 14-day book and I didn't realize it. Oh well, there's my donation to the library. I got another book "The Sound and the Fury". You would think that as an English major in college I would be extremely well-read, probably having read all of the classics. I haven't. In fact, there's very few of the classics that I have read. I saw this one on the shelf and thought I would try it. Plus, it had that it was an Oprah book club book so that made me a little more motivated to try it.



Actually, I think those are the only 2 things I hadn't updated you with. I guess I'm doing a little better than I thought.


Our surprise party on Saturday was really good. S & C are longtime friends of ours. It was S's 40th birthday. I actually lived down the street from C and Mr lived next door to her when he was married the first time. I worked with S at Frisch's, my very first job, and found out that he was going to the same college as I was the very next year. We hung out a lot during college and I was the one who introduced them to each other. It was a fun night reminiscing about old times and how we are all getting older. Here is a picture of the 3 of us from that night.



I wanted to wait to post this picture until I had the picture from college where we were all 3 together so you could see them side by side, but I have no idea where that picture is. I will look for it because it is hysterical!

Mr played golf yesterday afternoon with male child, my cousin and girl child's significant other. While they were doing that, I did the dreaded task of trying to shop for a bathing suit. UGHHHHHH! When I am at my normal weight, shopping for bathing suits had actually almost become fun. I said almost. Now, with me having gained weight and being over 40 and fat is showing up in places it never has before (like a lovely little muffin top on my middrift), it's so much harder and more discouraging. I found a suit, but after bringing it home, Mr and I decided it was definitely an old lady suit so it is going back. I am kinda back at square one, but with a new determination to get this weight off. You can't hide anything in a bathing suit, I'm here to tell ya. They show every flaw you have and if you get one that does hide them (like the one I bought last night), it's an old lady suit. I guess at this age it's time to embrace my body the way it is. No, I don't like the condition it's in now, but it's what I've got right now. There's no reason to continue to hate it and obsess about it. I can only take one day at a time and make better choices each day. It will either change or it won't. It's amazing to me that when I quit smoking, I gained 15 lbs. so logic would say that since I started back, those 15 should be gone, right? Apparently it doesn't work that way.

No comments: