Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Digging out

We've been working hard to get the house organized and ready for the yard sale. We found out via a sign at the top of the subdivision that there's going to be a community yard sale on Saturday so we are working hard to go through stuff, get stuff priced and ready for that. It will be nice to not have to advertise on our own and get all that traffic coming through. We got the downstairs in pretty good shape last night--still not completely done but a whole lot better than the picture I showed you the other day. I figure we'll probably have to have another sale later in the year since we probably won't get through everything this week.


In other news, I went to the Social Security office yesterday to officially get my name changed to Mrs. MF. If I have time today before I have to work, I'm going to get my new license which is really the last step in being official. Once I have that, we can get a lot of other things changed over. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be at the SS office--only took me about 40 minutes.


We started our semi-annual sale at work yesterday. I'm really disappointed by the offerings. It's not nearly as good as the December sale and they still didn't bring back the foam burst that I love. It's still a good time to stock up on shower gels, though. They're only $3 for the first 3 days of the sale. That's a savings of $6.50 per bottle. You can't beat that.


For those of you who didn't know, I'm doing a TTD photo session in July--TTD stands for "Trash the Dress". Since this was our 2nd photographer, we didn't do an engagement session with her and instead I suggested we do a TTD session. Trash the dress can take all forms. What it means to me is just getting some cool pictures of me in my wedding dress in places that we couldn't go to the day of the wedding--the woods, walking in city streets, etc. She wants us to do the water thing but I'm not so sure about that. We'll have to see how it feels that day. Mr will wear some dress pants and probably just a dress shirt. Anyway, I've been looking at some pictures of some other girls' sessions. I lifted these from the Look Photography blog. The first few are cool and what I'm talking about as far as getting pictures in a unique setting.


Then it starts getting crazy.



Even though I'll never wear my dress again and there's no one to pass it onto, I can't imagine doing this to my dress. I saw a video today of a girl and guy who went to the Taste of Cincinnati and part of what they did was spray mustard and ketchup all over each other. Can't do it, ain't gonna happen. Our photog is talking about this place in Cincinnati where we can go in the woods and there's also a waterfall. That's why she wants to wait until July when it's warm. I would definitely walk through the water, but getting soaked to the bone...we'll have to see.

No comments: