Sunday, June 8, 2008

Show me the money!

The yard sale was a resounding success Saturday. We made a little over $500--exceeding my goal. We got rid of a lot of stuff, too. The organizer of the sale has arranged for the Vietnam Vets to pick up the unsold stuff Monday so I still have to get that boxed up, but there's so much less to box up. We sold stuff right out of our living room so now we have no chair, no coffee table (we were temporarily using the ottoman that goes with the chair as the coffee table--tres chic) and no end table. It looks like we just moved in. I guess that's good, though, now we can go shopping for new stuff! I could have a yard sale every weekend if we made $500 every weekend. Not bad for 5 hours' work.

Today is Monday, but the date is showing up as Sunday since I started this post yesterday, but didn't finish it. I don't know why it isn't showing the actual date I'm posting, but oh, well. I don't have to work today so I'm going to spend the day getting the house straightened up some more, maybe return some wedding gifts that we've decided we really don't need and getting some other stuff with gift cards that we've gotten and writing thank you notes--no, I'm still not done. There's been too much other stuff going on so I've only gotten a portion out. Some of you reading this should've already gotten yours and some of you haven't so please bear with me! I'm usually so good about getting thank you's out quickly, but there's just been way too much stuff going on since the wedding. I guess I'm doing good to have gotten out the ones I have. I really think this week things will settle down since we have no major events we have to get ready for like we have the past several weeks. Can you believe we've been married 6 weeks already? Time is really flying.

No comments: