Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I'm baaaaack!

Sorry for the lull in postings. I had a busy end of the week and just couldn't find the time to blog. I know all my readers are jonesing for a post so I was sure to make time today...yeah, "all of my readers".


Anyway, I owe you some updates. First off, I got J's invitations yesterday. They are adorable! I can't post pictures because after I looked at them I realized by the time I covered up all the info that weirdos would use off the internet to find out who we are and where we live, you wouldn't be able to see hardly any of the invitation. If you are REALLY interested, email me and I'll send you a picture because you know I took one. God help me if I ever get a really good digital camera. I'll be taking pictures of the wall. I am happy with them, though, and if you ever need something printed that looks really good, but is really cheap, go to Vistaprint. I've gotten several things printed there and I am super happy with the quality.


On to other things--I made the "Marlboro Man's Favorite Sandwich" last week and both Mr and I loved it. It is so unbelievably tasty--probably because all of the butter she says to use--but, whatever. This time I followed the recipe exactly and it turned out yum extraordinaire.








Here it is cooking in my great-grandma's cast iron skillet.







Here's the bread browning on our new griddle that we hadn't used yet. Notice the copious amount of butter...this is key to making the bread taste good.



Here's my plate. We also had "Crash Potatoes" which I gotta say are also very yummy. I used fresh oregano on top. I put a little too much sea salt on them, but they were very tasty and I would definitely make them again.




Here is Mr's plate. He was a little too hungry to pose so we'll call this one an action shot. Hop over to Pioneer Woman and get the recipe and try it tonight. I promise you you won't be sorry.

Tonight we get our new recliner. We ended up buying it on the way to the lake on Friday. It is super comfortable. I think there will be a lot more fights in Mr and Mrs-ville once it gets here over who gets to sit in it! I told you that Mr has been major jonesing to get a recliner so I guess I will be reduced to using it when he's not around...for the sake of our marriage.

Speaking of the lake, we drove through a hellacious storm on the way down. It was the kind where you get what I call "tornado" clouds. You know, that majorly dark cloud that kinda hangs over you and doesn't quit fit in with the rest of the storm clouds. A couple of weeks ago we had just watched live footage of a tornado going through the midwest so I was watching the edge of those clouds with an eagle eye just waiting for a funnel to drop out of them. Thankfully none did, but it was raining and lightning like hell. I'm glad Mr was driving because if it had been me, we'd have pulled over and may just be on the side of 75 still.

One other update--I still haven't watched the video from the library and it was due back yesterday. I also haven't started the 2 novels. Those of you who had bets, collect your winnings now.

No comments: