Yes, folks, it's official. We are closing today at 5:30!! I can't believe this is really going to happen. I am so glad it's happening today because we've avoided paying another mortgage payment. Yay!!
I'm sure it will also be a somewhat sad day as well. I have tons of good memories in that house. It's the place where Mr and I started our relationship; buying it was the first time I proved to myself that I could do whatever I set my mind to and could really take care of myself; it was the first time I was really so proud of myself and felt really powerful and in charge of my own life; I shared really fun, good times with friends there, some of which are not in my life anymore. Selling it is the end of a time in my life that I can never go back to. Don't get me wrong, I am ready and happy to move onto this new phase of my life and leave the other phase behind, but it still makes me stop and remember what was. This house symbolizes all of that.
If you thought the downstairs picture yesterday was bad, you should see the garage from last night's moving. My whole side of the garage is full of crap. We now have 3 big areas of the house that are a complete wreck--the finished basement part (yesterday's picture), the unfinished basement part and now the garage. I hope we dig out of this crap by August. I really need to have a yard sale next weekend. There's no sense in wasting time putting stuff away if a lot of it is going to be gotten rid of, which it is. I have to work every day next week, though, so I'm not sure if I'll have time to get my act together and go through everything by next weekend. We'll see. I can't wait until life settles down into a nice, steady flow. I thought that would be 2 weeks ago, but no slowing down yet.
I have a new thing I'm going to try. I'm going to try to limit myself to only 2 hours on the computer--1 hour in the morning, 1 in the afternoon--unless I'm online looking for jobs. I am way too obsessed with the internet and it is a total time-sucker. With all that needs doing around the house, there's no reason for me to be on the computer more than that. Wish me luck. This may be harder than quitting smoking.
Friday, May 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment