Thursday, May 15, 2008

Babies on the brain

No, I'm not having a baby or even planning to, but 2 of my cousins are and I'm jonesing to plan a baby shower. I guess I am in the "planning" mode still because I am just dying to plan something. You'd think I'd be tired of planning, but baby showers are so fun.

My cousin's wife E is due on Sept. 1st so I contacted her sister-in-law (my other cousin) to see if anyone was scheduling a baby shower for her yet. Yes, they are doing it in July. My other cousin's wife J is due at the end of October so I contacted her today to see if I could throw a shower for her and she said yes! August 3rd is the date. I can't believe I'm so excited to throw a baby shower. I think baby showers are the most fun showers. The itty bitty gifts are so fun to look at--all of the pastel colors, cute clothes, oh my. I can't wait to get the invitations and decorations ordered. I may have this thing planned by the end of May. I was really hoping to throw both of them, but I'm so glad J is letting me throw one for her. Plus, I get to use all of my fancy, schmancy entertaining stuff we got for the wedding. Can't wait.

I would love to show you the ultrasound pictures that J sent to me that they got done yesterday, but it has her full name on it and you know how I feel about posting that kind of stuff on the internet. One is a picture of its little feet and the other one it has its hand up and you can see all 5 of its fingers! I keep saying "its" because they are not going to find out the sex before it's born. It's so frustrating because hardly anyone waits anymore and we've gotten spoiled about knowing the sex of the baby before it's born. E is having a boy but they haven't picked out a name yet.

I did go get 1 of my prescriptions filled yesterday. Turns out it was kind of important--more steroids. I am somewhat better, but still not totally over this. I get bouts of itching that are really bad, esp. on my hands as of late. I can't believe this is dragging on so long. I thought the shot would fix it. I can only take the Benadryl at night so I don't know if that's what's holding up the total healing or not.

In just a little over an hour male child will be closing on his house. We are going to the house afterward so hopefully I'll have some pics for you tomorrow of that.

I gotta show you the pictures that the girl child photoshopped for me of the church. They turned out so cool! The truck is completely gone.
Look at the cool sunlight effect she added in this one.

This one is very old-timey and really captures the feeling in Cades Cove.



Black and white with blur.



Color with blur.

Aren't they awesome! Now I will just have to choose which one to get blown up. I hope they will be blown up okay since my camera isn't all that great. We'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That girl child sure is one talented chick!