Yes, folks, it's Monday again. We had a good weekend. Friday night we did end up going back to the fair. I only had an elephant ear which I split with Mr so I was semi-good. It, on the other hand, was all the way good to the max! We split our time between watching the contest horse show and the truck/tractor pull. I may have found another redneck event I could get into. The truck pull is loud and pretty exciting. Granted, they're not running into each other and there were no fires in what we say, but it's pretty good entertainment. Some of the trucks weren't as loud as others...I didn't like that kind.
I saw several people from my past at the horse show. I can't believe they are still showing. Some of them must've been at it for 30+ years now, easy. We wanted to see the barrel racing, but we left at 11 and they still hadn't started it. We watched 4 classes of poles and we were about "poled" out.
All of our parties went well on Saturday. We ended up getting home about 1 a.m. Even with that, the way we spaced the parties really wasn't too exhausting, but it was hotter than the gates of hell during the day. When we were at the birthday party, there was a nice breeze then all of the sudden it stopped and sweat started literally dripping off me. It was weird how quickly it ecame unbearable. Stupid me decided to wear capris all day, too, black ones at that. Note to self: not too smart.
Yesterday we had a wave of hellacious storms come through. Right after we had dinner, the outside got dark as night and then we heard the storm sirens go off. We found out we were under a tornado warning. I proceeded with my storm routine: get my shoes, my purse, our wedding pictures, my wedding rings, my jewelry (that's a new addition to the routine), the portable phone, cell phone, weather radio and head to the basement with the dog and my husband. The husband stayed upstairs last night watching the weather in between electric flickering off and on and the dog stayed downstairs. I floated between the two. When Daisy heard the warning on the tv, she headed down. She hates storms worse than I do. Thankfully all of my photo albums are still in storage in the basement so I don't have them all to haul down there.
Whenever there's a storm with the potential of a tornado, I go through that routine because every time I see pictures of where tornadoes have gone through and they are talking to the victims who've lost everything, the first thing I think about is all of their pictures. You can replace houses, couches, clothes, lamps, etc. but you can't replace pictures. I always find that to be the most heartbreaking part of any natural disaster so I always do what I can to take the things that are irreplaceable to me. Thankfully all it turned out to be was just a really bad storm that passed very quickly.
I'm headed to the lake tomorrow for the rest of the week so I have a lot to get done today. I realized that J's shower is NEXT weekend! I can't believe it's here already. I've started on the diaper cake. I've taken pictures that I will post later today. It didn't turn out exactly like I'd hoped, but it's not bad for a first attempt. I'm also making some other things that I don't think I shared with you all yet so I will keep that a surprise until I post the finished pictures. Again, my first attempt for those so that should be a treat.
I told you about the movie I put together for the girl who's going to be at the lake. It turned out really good. Email me if you want the link because I have it posted on YouTube, but don't want to post the link here. I'm having a problem getting it into a format that's readable on a DVD player, though. Technology is great when you know what you're doing and it does what you want it to do. When it doesn't, it's a royal pain.
Check back later for pictures.
Monday, July 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment