I've been learning some things lately and I've decided to share them with you. I emailed most of you this first item:
1. Kroger stores are pulling more ground beef off their shelves this morning in response to concerns over E. Coli illnesses.An initial recall was announced last week, but now Kroger is expanding this recall in more stores and including more versions of beef.The USDA says the beef is originally from Nebraska.Kroger is now adding all beef packages that were wrapped in clear styrofoam or ones that were purchased from the store's meat count to the recall. Specifically check for sell dates between 5/21 and 7/3. Also added to the recall are "Private Selection Natural Ground Beef" packages in the 16 ounce size. They have a sell date between 7/11 and 7/21.Kroger says you can return all products to stores for a refund.All equipment at store locations that might have come in contact with the tainted beef is being sanitized.
Makes you wanna run right out, buy some meat and make a juicy burger, doesn't it?
2. There are tabs on the ends of Reynolds Wrap boxes that you can push in so the roll doesn't come out of the box while you're pulling on it. 40 years of living and I just learned this. Check it out for yourself. It's true.
3. Watermelon rinds have the same effect as Viagara and may increase your sex drive. True, I just heard it on CNN. Figures that it's the part that no one eats.
4. In a related story, did you know there was such a thing as watermelon pickles? They use the rind in these so I guess you can get the same effect as if you ate the nasty rind of a watermelon. Hmmm.
5. If you eat too much food and don't exercise, you gain weight. I know, shocking. Unless, of course, you eat too much watermelon. Then I guess you have a whole different problem.
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment