Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Deadliest Catch

Okay, have you all gotten into this show yet? It's on Tuesday nights on the Discovery channel and it's awesome. We watched 2 hours of it last night, plus the after show which is called "After the Catch". It's a reality show that shows crab fishing in the Bering Sea. It's incredible what these guys go through just to get us some crab legs. You really should check it out. It's awesome.

Speaking of shows, have you also seen "Jon and Kate Plus 8"? I forget what channel that is on, but it follows the parents of sextuplets plus twins. The wife is super organized and in my opinion, controlling, but it is a really good show. I can't imagine having 8 kids and trying to run a household. They are only 30 years old, too. Can you imagine?

Since we're on a roll here, have you also checked out "Intervention"? It's on Monday nights--forget the channel. It is a very compelling show. It's amazing what addicts do. If you're feeling bad about yourself and your life, you'll think you're living the big life once you watch the depths that these people go. The other night this guy was shooting up heroin and he was getting his water to cut the heroin from a toilet bowl! Unbelievable.

Just in case you think all I do is watch t.v., I don't religiously watch any of these shows. I mean, come on, it's not like it's "Lost" or something. I just catch them when I can.

I'll tell you some shows that I won't watch--"The Bachelor" or "The Bachelorette". It's ridiculous how these people--the guys, too--"fall in love" after spending about 2 hours with someone. They cry their eyes out when they get cut. Ridiculous. Now I will watch "Rock of Love" with Bret Michaels on VH1. That's just good tv! Kidding, but it is funny watching these rock 'n roll, big hair, slutty girls fall for Bret. I don't think he's truly trying to find love--he's trying to get laid and by the clips they show, I think he's scoring a lot! It's still pretty entertaining.

What are some shows that you love to watch?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grey's Anatomy and Survivor are the only shows I'm really dedicated to. And by that I mean I DVR them so that I can watch them uninterrupted (which is difficult to do with 3 kids) and with NO commercials. Last season I did follow the Amazing Race but that's only because the "gothic couple" -- appropriately named Kynt and Vyxsin -- were from Louisville and one of their parents was from Huntsville which practically made them family. Though I doubt that if they were family, my husband would have claimed them -- unless, of course they had actually won the million bucks and then we would have been quite closely related. Other than that, we don't watch a whole lot of TV. We occasionally watch The O'Reilly Factor and Glenn Beck because that's just real entertainment (sarcasm). I may have to check out some of the shows you described -- if they're anywhere near as good as your narration, that sounds like quality TV there.

MelissaF said...

I like Grey's too. I used to be a huge Survivor fan when it first started, but lost interest after a few seasons. Desperate Housewives is another fav of mine, but Lost is really the only one I have to watch live.