

It was awesome! Let's not forget to mention the funnel cake and the ice cream cone with sprinkles. Delish to the max!
My friend C joined us with her 2 boys--4 and 7. It was their first derby and I think they really enjoyed it. One of them even did the "boogity, boogity, boogity, let's go racing". I think their dad has been letting them watch Nascar. It was fun to watch them watching the derby and their reactions to what was going on.
Afterward, we went over to watch the 4-H horse show for a little while. Boy, did that bring back memories. I used to show every year in the Kenton county fair when I was in 4-H. Back then, the 4-H show was Saturday morning. We had a lot of fun because we would be in all of the classes just to participate. That meant that my western pleasure horse had to do english classes and also contest classes. For those of you who aren't into the horse showing lingo, this means he had to severely get out of his element and I did, too. Running barrels and poles as fast as we could goes against everything he was trained to do, namely, go slower and keep his head down. The english classes meant I had to have a different kind of saddle, wear a different outfit, and perform totally differently. It was fun. Thank goodness it only happened once a year, though.
I thought I'd also post the only 2 pictures I took on our river ride last Saturday. I had high hopes of getting lots of pictures since that was my first time on the river, but the day took turns I didn't expect so these were the only 2 I got.

This was a huge river boat we ran across. They looked like they were doing their safety practice when we went by since everyone had their life jackets on and there were announcements being made over the loud speaker. I forget the name--American Belle or something like that--but this thing was huge. It looked like a floating hotel since there were many room doors on there. Pretty cool.

This is kind of a cool shot because you can see a lot of the boat, but also you can see the bridge in the background. It was hotter than the gates of hell that day, but the views were awesome.


3 comments:
Who is the guy on the track with white pants on? Has he never been to a derby! Sounds like fun! I can smell the funnel cakes and corn dogs! yummy!
I am an idiot! It's me!
bean
He's the official. I guess he doesn't care if he gets dirty, plus he's easier to see--just my guess.
Post a Comment