Monday, November 24, 2008

A week of tasks

This week is busy. I know it is for all of you, too. As much as I love the holiday season with a passion, I hate all the running around. As you know, I'm basically a homebody so the idea of running around to lots of places just isn't appealing to me. I suck it up and do my best--trying to focus on spending time with the people and not the fact that we have x amount of other things to do.

I didn't get the tree up this weekend. I spent most of my time clearing out the basement and organizing things. I felt crappy off and on all weekend. I guess I've got a bug, but am not going to get the full-fledged version where you're flat on your back for a few days. Instead, I will probably feel crappy a part of every day for several days. That's usually the way I get sick.

Anyway, Mr is leaving today for another overnight trip so I am single again tonight. Maybe the tree will get put up tonight. Something in me resists putting up the tree before Thanksgiving. I mean, it's against every natural instinct I have. I'm not sure I can overcome it. We'll just have to see because there are several other tasks that need to be accomplished today.

I must go to the grocery. I have put it off for days, but in order to beat the holiday tsunami of shoppers, I must go today after work. In addition, I found some super cool gifts that I'm afraid will be sold out if others find out about them so I must make a trip to the mall today after work as well. I would tell you what they were but I'm buying them for several people who read this blog so you will just have to find your own cool gifts.

Let's not forget the cooking itself. I guess I will start cooking on Wednesday night. We are also having the kids over for our Thanksgiving on Saturday night so there will be cooking again this weekend. I'm not even going to shop for that meal until Friday so there we have another trip to the grocery.

That reminds me, have I told you about the new Kroger we have in our area? It's one of those marketplace Krogers which means it's honking huge. I haven't been able to bring myself to go there yet. It just seems too overwhelming. Although I hate our little local Kroger, which is literally less than 2 minutes from our house, I am not looking forward to wandering around one that is as big as a football field...literally. I like a store where I know what aisle the flour is in, what aisle the pasta is in, etc. I still haven't learned our Kroger, even though it's way smaller than the Kroger I used when I lived at my house. Maybe I'm just being stubborn. I will give you my full report on the new Kroger once I go there...today...hopefully.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Melissa if it makes you feel better I put out all my christmas stuff yesterday, not much but enough for me to notice and the christmas tree, who know when that will go up. Good luck on grocery shopping, I absolutley hate but enivetably it has to be done.

julie

Dusty @AllThingsG+D said...

I hate learning the aisles of new stores. It's even worse when your tried and true stores turn around and rearrange! AGH!

Anonymous said...

Do what I said, Go have a sit down and have a beverage, eat a snack, and then continue through the neverending aisles!
bean