Monday, November 3, 2008

Busy weekend

Mr and I had a very busy weekend. First was my grandma's 90th birthday party. We had an excellent time and she really enjoyed the video. Here are a few pictures from it. The theme was gambling.
Isn't this cake absolutely adorable? It was just as delicious as it was cute, too.

Here she is in her birthday tiara and my uncle in his propellor beanie. Yes, we are a family that loves props. Here she is modeling her gifts from Bean. She wore the hat through all of her opening presents. She got the biggest kick out of them.

Here is Mr holding my cousin's baby. She was so precious. Mr was quite the babysitter that day--holding her while my cousin and my aunt enjoyed the party. By the way, he's wearing the garters and bow tie because he was the dealer for blackjack. He doesn't normally dress that way...in public anyway!

All in all it was a great day and a great celebration for a great person.

Sunday Mr worked all day and when I say all day I mean all day...he didn't get home until 9:30. I went to my cousin R's housewarming party. She just bought a house about 6 weeks ago. It is so cute and put together. She has pictures hung, curtains hung, walls painted--way more stuff than even we have done and Mr's been living here for 6 years!

Like a ding dong I didn't get any pictures of the inside of her house, but here she is opening her gifts. She made a killing on cash and gift cards. In anticipation of her gifts, she had taken off work today so she could go shopping. Who wouldn't?
Today Mr left for an overnight trip to Memphis so I'm baching it tonight. I didn't cook and am drinking a nice, cold Bud Light Lime as I type this. It's a short trip back to my single days! He'll be home tomorrow.

No comments: