It reminded me of many times when I felt my heart tell me to do something for someone and out of fear of embarrassment--myself or them--I didn't listen to the urging and I missed the opportunity to show someone I cared. I can't tell you the countless times I've had thoughts and disregarded them. I regret those times so much. Mainly because I feel that voice that gave me that idea is my higher self, my perfect self, God, Holy Spirit, whatever you want to call it. Really, it's pure love that is trying to be channeled through us and our human selves stop it for fear of "How will that look?"
That voice that tells you to give some money to the street person who is asking for it or give to that cause you see on t.v. is the one we should listen to. Instead, a lot of us listen to our brain--"Oh, they'll only use the money for booze." "If I give them the money, they will follow me down the street and I'll never get rid of them." "That cause is bogus and the money will probably go to some bigshot who will spend it on their new pool." "It's a scam."
I'm not saying not to be smart and give you money or time willy nilly to anyone that asks for it. The truth is there are scams out there that play upon our sympathies and kindheartedness...especially at this time of year. But, I believe, your heart voice knows the difference. I also believe that even if you mistakenly give to a "scam", if you gave from your heart, it doesn't really matter. You have shown love to the world and that will come back to you.
I don't know what the girl did who posed the question. I do know that all of the responses were that she should do it. Many gave her different ways to present the shoes so as not to embarrass the woman, but every single one said do it.
So today, I'm asking all of us to "Do it!" If your heart urges you to do something thoughtful, kind, caring toward someone else, don't overthink it...just DO IT!

No comments:
Post a Comment