Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Turkey Tuesday

Nothing in this post is about turkeys--I just like the alliteration of the 2 t's! I know I'm weird. It's hard to come up with catchy headers every day. I thought about doing a countdown every day, but then I thought that might freak me out. So I guess I will try this until I run out of ideas.



Yesterday the blog was all out of whack on the spacing. I couldn't make it do the paragraph breaks so don't think it was me typing that way. I guess that's technology for ya!



We had the meeting with the pastor yesterday. For those of you I haven't told, he is an Indian minister, meaning he's literally from India, a Christian minister, though. We saw him do a Sunday service and he's very nice and funny, but he has an accent so he's a little hard to understand. I'm kinda worried about that, esp. since my mom and aunt are hard of hearing. They may have to watch the video a few times to know what is being said. Since our last minister gave us the shaft at the last minute (leaving her position after we had already done all of the pre-wedding counseling, etc. with her), this was our only option. I am trying to believe that everything happens for a reason and this pastor, Simon, is the one who was meant to do our wedding. The meeting yesterday was kinda quick and he is supposed to email the ceremony to us for us to look over. I gave him some of the stack of ideas I've accumulated. I'd like for our vows to be unique and meaningful to us. Like he said, though, no one, probably not even us, will remember what was said!



Tonight we meet with the DJ. I still haven't started working on programs--my mom sent me something she put together and this may be the project I let her do on her own. It would be nice to just turn something over to someone and have them just do it. I also still have to buy ribbon for the vases for the centerpieces. The seating cards need printed as well as the seating chart finished. For those of you who are coming to the wedding who read this, please don't bitch about where we seat you. I did my best! I figure you'll only be eating at the table. The rest of the time you will be dancing or talking to other people. You can't imagine how difficult it is to put people at a table. We weren't going to do a seating chart, but the wedding coordinator suggested it's really the easiest way to utilize all of the tables efficiently. True, but still a pain in the ass!




Just thought I'd put a random picture of something in here--I was getting too wordy--and like I said before, the 3rd grader in me likes pictures! This is Miss Daisy with all of her toys around her--part of them. It cracks me up how she drags them all out since we've lived here. She hardly ever did that at home, but she does it almost every day here!

No comments: