Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Sunday

Well, today is my first Easter in my new house. The move went pretty well yesterday. I didn't move everything because even with what we did move, the house is a wreck. We have to get what we brought over put away first then we can bring some more, but overall, I brought a lot of stuff. Where does all of the stuff come from anyway? I remember when I bought my house, I moved from a one bedroom apartment and couldn't believe all of the crap I had in that little apartment. I have even more space and now even more crap! It somehow multiplies. I have gotten a lot of our shower gifts out and am finally getting to put them to good use so that is a lot of fun.

Mr. is sick today. I think he's got the flu. I doubt he'll go anywhere for Easter so I will be bringing him food back and basically, trying to pamper him. He's not like most men when he's sick--he doesn't act like a baby. It isn't easy for him to let me pamper him. He'll probably be glad when I leave because every 5 seconds I'm asking him if he needs something.

I made the carrot cake last night. Haven't had a piece yet, but the homemade icing is killer and the batter for the cake tasted kick-ass so we'll see how they all come together. I'm trusting the Pioneer Woman that the cake is to die for so I'll let you know later what everyone says. If I had moved my camera, I would take a picture of it but I didn't think to bring that yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I checked out The Pineer woman cooks. It is great! Thanks! Hope Mr. feels better soon!
Michelle