Yes, it sounds like a strange secret to keep, but when you tell people you're trying to lose weight and working out, if you are with them and you don't eat just the right thing they think you should or you don't work out for a few days and they know about it, well, it's just more judgment than I want to deal with. So, I've mostly kept it to myself. Today marks my 2nd week of my healthier living and I'm happy to report that I've lost 3 lbs. 3 lbs. is a huge disappointment to me, but it is better than gaining. Not by much, in my mind, but nevertheless.
I can't diet. The word alone strikes fear in me and I want to eat everything in sight. I have a long history of disturbingly weird eating habits and dieting triggers those urges. What I am doing is trying to make healthier choices at my meals, trying to incorporate more vegetables and fruits--which heretofore were nonexistent in my daily eating; I'm not kidding--and trying to move more. Last week I worked out twice to some DVDs and so far this week I worked out yesterday. This week I'm aiming for 3 days and next week's goal will be 4 until I'm up to 5 days a week. No way am I working out on the weekends, no matter how fat I get.
I'm only weighing myself once a week, Tuesdays, which is why you're getting my confession today. After today's disappointment on the scale, I may quit weighing altogether. My weird eating habits are also triggered heavily by the scale and its associated numbers. The fact is, I don't care what I weigh. I just want to get back into my cute wardrobe that I have hanging in the closet that I can't fit into right now. I know what scale number will get me back into them so really, why do I need the scale when I have several pairs of pants that will serve the same purpose.
So, there it is, my fat secret. It's not earth-shattering and probably not all that surprising if you noticed the content of several of my posts over the past 2 weeks. I will keep you updated as to my progress and if I don't, please don't ask because you know what that probably means.

2 comments:
I am so proud of you! 3 lbs is good and you are right you should prob stop looking at the scales and go by your clothes.Those things are a money trap anyway. Most of the time you can weigh yourself on differnt scales and they all say something different anyway.
Bean
3 lbs is great for 2 weeks and only working out 3 times! Don't beat yourself up, that number doesn't matter much once you really start working out! Remember that muscle weighs more than fat, so once you start building muscle your weight might not change, or it could even go up a little. All that really matters when you are trying to eat better and work out is the inches you lose. I would take your measurements (biceps, calves, thighs, chest & waist) work out for a couple of weeks and stick to your healthy foods, then measure again. Trust me you will be much happier with those results and you will notice your clothes fitting better too. Throw the scale out!
Post a Comment