Tuesday, July 28, 2009

So, I think it might be menopause

I haven't felt well for a couple of months. I've been extremely tired all the time, moodier than normal, weird aches and pains. I went to the dr. 2 weeks ago where she had me get a chest x-ray and run some bloodwork to see if I was anemic. Everything came back normal. I've been worried. Worried because I don't feel myself...not sick, but not myself. Enter Google.

This week I've been googling perimenopause which is the anywhere up to 10 year period prior to menopause--the actual cessation of your period. Many of my symptoms line up with it. Then today while I was grocery shopping something hit me. I've been eating 2 teaspoons of flax seed in my yogurt every morning for several months. I ran out of it a couple of months ago. Could this be my problem? I don't know but I bought the flax seed tonight and promptly came home and put it on some yogurt as a snack. I'll let you know if my symptoms improve.

No comments: