Friday, April 24, 2009

Memories light the corners of my mind

Today we leave for the re-creation of our mini moon from last year--heading to Gatlinburg. We love Gatlinburg. It's become a special place for us. It's where we went the day after we got engaged and also where we went last year for our mini moon. I'm so excited about going back this year, especially with my new camera. I'm hoping to get a picture of a bear so close that you can count his hairs! With my telephoto lens, of course. We're keenly aware that they are wild animals and keep a safe distance--plus several feet--away from them.

I've had a lovely week of looking through our wedding pictures, trying on my dress again (oy, vay!) and just remembering what a special day it was. Of course, I did all of this reminiscing alone since Mr has been out of town until last night. I'm going to take our wedding video as well as the video montage we played at the wedding for us to watch on our trip. I can't wait for us to take a walk down memory lane together to remember our day.

I hope everyone has a great few days and I'll see you when we get back!

No comments: