After our last visit to the lake 2 weeks ago, I alluded to some drama that was going on down there. I didn't want to get into the gorry details, not so much because I was trying to be private, but really because it's all so juvenile and petty. This weekend produced way less drama of the confrontational type, but lots of stuff was brought to light that got me thinking about people, the things they do and why they do them. By comparing notes with some other people, we discovered that there is someone down that is telling lies of the whopper size variety.
In case you didn't know this about me, I hate liars. I guess no one likes them, but to me, there is nothing worse than a liar. Period. And for me, once you lie to me, I don't believe a thing that comes out of your mouth from thereon out. Period. In thinking about liars, the one word that came to me is "integrity" and their lack of it. It is so important to me to surround myself with people who have high integrity. Mr's integrity is one his attributes that made me fall in love with him. If he says he's going to do something, he does. If he gives you his word, he means it. If he tells you something, it's the truth. There's no guessing what his ulterior motives are or if he's trying to manipulate. He has a lot of integrity in both his personal and business lives.
I found the little chart up above just a minute ago in google images. It really does capture the definition of "integrity". So, why do people lie? I guess I could write a HUGE post about it and depending on the lie, the motive changes. I'm trying to figure out why this person is lying to so many people and making themselves out to be so much different than they really are. I should feel sympathy toward them, I guess, since they are so afraid to really be themselves, but what I feel is mostly anger. I was duped into believing them and trusting them. Now they've proven themselves to be untrustworthy and it makes me angry...and very sad.

No comments:
Post a Comment